Where there is hope, there is faith, where there is faith, miracles happen.
Let’s share the story of an NGO which was started by a house wife, Mrs. Lubna Shakoh. She felt the great discrepancy between the rich and the poor and wanted to bridge the gap between them. She started on a small scale from her house and it took sixteen years of hard work and dedication to develop this NGO into a well-respected and reputed entity. By the grace of Allah, HUF has the certification of PCP (Pakistan Centre for Philanthropy). It is income tax exempted and has its account with Bank Alfalah for the last 15 years. It is also registered as a trust with the registrar of companies.
Motto: Where ever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for kindness.
Slogan: Let me do goodness now for I shall not pass this path again.
Since 16 years, HUF as a reflection of its name, gives hope to the underprivileged and uplifts them by offering many windows to help.
HUF deals with Public Assistance, Education, Microfinance, Vocational Training, Women Empowerment, Water, Health and Food.
HUF has many feathers in its cap. These are as follows:
- The ICI Dulux paints had a competition of 26 NGOs in their donation program and HUF won the first prize.
- Our donors trusted us and Mr. Inqasar Nawaz donated us PKR 4,500,000/-. Our school campus was built in just 4 months at a cost of PKR 5,200,000/-
- Our HUF school children compete in all competitions and always bring back prizes.
- We have married more than 1,000 couples.
- The most honored achievement of Hope Uplift Foundation is the donation of a 4 canal plot in DHA (429-EE, Phase-4, DHA, Lahore) for our school building, where 1000 children will study in the morning and 1,000 in the evening for just Rs.100 per month. These schools will be English medium. Total cost of building this school is 100 Million and it is currently under construction.
- The big construction company Habib Rafique has donated us 40 Million and is also building our school.
Birds Eye View of the NGO
PKR 5 Million Interest free loans given.
70 Wells constructed.
Thousands were helped for providing clean water by the grace of Allah.
25,000 Children have been given education, scholarships and vocational training.
14,000 have been served with food, atta, rashan.
More than 150 women are empowered with HUF monthly as directors and teachers.